Normandy Pedestal Table
Amaze anyone who enters your home with the gorgeously designed Normandy Pedestal Table. Perfect for any kitchen or dining room.
You may also like…
Amaze anyone who enters your home with the gorgeously designed Normandy Pedestal Table. Crafted out of solid hardwoods and built by seasoned Amish artisans ensure that the Normandy Pedestal Table will last for generations to come. Perfect for any kitchen or dining room.
Shown in Brown Maple with top in River Rock and base in Sandstone (contact us for this look)
- Available sizes: 48″, 54″, and 60″ with up to 2 leaves
- 72″ round is available as a solid top only
- Standard top thickness is 1½”
- 2″ bevel edge is standard
- Available in 30″ height only
|Table Top||1 ½” thick|
|Leaves||up to 2-12″|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Here is a compiled list of table styles, shapes, and sizes showing just how many leaves can be self stored:
LEG TABLES WITH RECTANGLE TOPS
- 36″ x 42″, 42″ x 42″ and 42″ x 48″ cannot store any leaves
- Leg tables operate very similar to trestle tables on larger sizes.
TRESTLE TABLES WITH RECTANGLE OR BOW END TOPS
- 42″ x 60″ stores up to 4 leaves, ALL unskirted
- 42″ x 66″ and 42″ x 72″ stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
- 48″ x 60″ stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
- 48″ x 66″ and 48″ x 72″ stores up to 4 leaves, ALL unskirted
TRESTLE TABLES WITH BOAT SHAPE TOPS
- 42″ x 60″–1, 2, 3 and 4 leaf tables can only self store 2 leaves BOTH without skirts
- 42″ x 66″ and 42″ x 72″–1, 2, 3 and 4 leaf tables can only self store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without. If a 2, 3, or 4 leaf table is ordered with self store, the last leaf will be unskirted.
- 48″ x 60″ stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirt, 2 without
- 48″ x 66″ and 48″ x 72″ stores up to 4 leaves, ALL unskirted
SQUARE ROUND TABLES
- ALL square round double pedestal tables can self store up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirt, 2 without.
- NOTE: SQUARE OR ROUND TABLES CANNOT SELF STORE ANY LEAVES!
DOUBLE PEDESTAL TABLES WITH OVAL AND BANQUET TOPS
- 42″ x 54″ stores up to 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 54″–48″w leaf does not fit inside of a 54” long oval top
- 42″ x 60″–1, 2 and 3 leaf oval tables store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 42″ x 60″–1, 2 and 3 leaf banquet tables store 2 skirted leaves
- 42″ x 60″–4 leaf table cannot store any leaves
- 42″ x 66″–1, 2 and 3 leaf tables store up to 3 leaves, 2 with skirts, 1 without
- 42″ x 66″–4 leaf table can store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt and 1 without.
- 42″ x 72″–1, 2 and 3 leaf tables store up to 3 leaves, 2 with skirts, 1 without
- 42″ x 72″–4 leaf table can only store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 60″–1, 2, and 3 leaf tables can only store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 60″–4 leaf table cannot store any leaves
- 48″ x 66″–1, 2, and 3 leaf tables store up to 3 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
- 48″x 6″6–4 leaf table can only store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 72″ self stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
Whether you’re seating 10 people or just 4, you’re going to want to make sure the table you pick out size wise makes sense. Just because a 48″ round can sit 6 people doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best when it comes to sitting 6 people at all times. Below are some example table sizes and our recommendations for each size.
Round & Square Tables
When it comes to square or round tables, typically a 42″ and 48″ will be able to sit the same amount of people just like a 54″ and 60″ can. We have seen some diagrams that show a 48″ can sit 6 people. This is highly situational. The only way something like that is possible if it a pedestal style table. When you sit 6 people at that kind of size, it is a very tight fit as well.
Oval & Rectangular Tables
On any style table, a 42″W x 60″L can sit 4 people comfortably and a 42″W x 66″L or 42″W x 72″L will seat 6 people. Leg tables will be more constrained when it comes adding chairs due to the fact you lose your corners on each end.
On a 42″W x 60″L leg table you will typically only be able to sit 4 people at the table (1 on each end). Depending on the size of the legs, it may be possible to put 6 people around the table but this is rare and still may not be comfortable for everyone sitting. To 6 people around a leg table the minimum size is a 42″W x 66″L but the recommended size is a 42″W x 72″L as it is the most comfortable giving everyone enough leg and elbow space between each other.
When it comes to 42″W x 60″L trestle tables, you will be able to sit 4 people comfortably. Depending on the trestle base, you will only be able to push 4 chairs in all the way. This is the same when it comes to 42″W x 66″L trestle tables. A 42″W x 72″L will be able to push 6 chairs in under the table.
Typically, most tables come in a 42″ wide standard. You are able to increase that to a 48″ wide. This doesn’t increase the amount of people you can sit at your table. This just creates some extra leg room for those on the corners. The one thing to keep in mind when you increase the width, it can make it more difficult passing dishes and condiments. Rather than simply passing the salt, you might have to toss the salt.
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q If we purchased a 72 inch square table in this product what would the width be ? answer nowAnswered by the admin
The width and length would 72 inches.
- Q What is the chair name that is pictured? Also if we were to purchased a 60 inch table what would be the preferred amount of chairs be to purchase ? answer nowAnswered by the admin
The Corbin Chair is pictured with the Normandy Table. For a 60 inch round it would be recommended to have anywhere between 4-6 chairs due to the size of the corbin. 6 being the tightest, and 4 being the most space between one another.
- Q If I were to order this in square round do you have an example of what it would look like ? For example would it have one base or two ? answer nowAnswered by the admin
Unfortunately we do not have an example of what the table would look like with a square round table shape. The Normandy Pedestal Table only comes with the single pedestal.
- Q Hello we are interested in purchasing this product but we would like it square round in antique white could we be able to see the antique white table ? Also how would I order this in square round it’s o my in diameters answer nowAnswered by the admin
We unfortunately do not have the Normandy Pedestal Table on our showroom floor but we do have the paint that it is shown in available to view as well as the Antique White paint. If you are interested in ordering the table in square round you would simply choose out your options (wood, size, leaves, etc) and then add the table to your cart. You can find the square round option under Table Shape.
Styles You May Like