Skip to content
Pertaining to All Furniture
- Upon receiving your furniture please unwrap all pieces as soon as possible. In the weeks following delivery, your furniture will continue to cure and adjust to your home environment.
- Maintain the humidity in your home within a 40%-45% range in order to prevent warping and cracking.
- If possible, keep your furniture out of direct sunlight or direct heat sources such as furnace vents, heaters, and fireplaces. Heat can cause your furniture to dry out and potentially crack over time.
- To clean your furniture, mild soap and water is recommended. If you want to use a polish, avoid products that contain silicone or wax; these will cause a build-up that might make it impossible for refinishing your piece in the future. Also, apply and buff polish along the natural grain.
- Avoid putting rough or sharp items on your furniture which can scratch the surface.
- Avoid the use of nail polish remover or other harsh solvents by your furniture.
Pertaining to Tables
- We recommend using a tablecloth or placements in the first couple weeks following delivery as your table is still curing and adjusting to your home.
- If you purchased leaves with your table, store leaves in the same room as your table. Do not store leaves in an attic or basement where room temperatures may drastically vary. Use a leaf storage bag for optimal protection.
- For frequent entertaining or large gatherings, consider using a table pad to help prevent scratches and dents.
- If the table is often used without the matching leaves, we recommend using a table cloth or other protective surface for daily use. Excessive rubbing and wiping can cause the sheens to vary between the table and leaves.
- We do not recommend using glass to protect your table top. But, if you choose to, we recommend maintaining a gap between the glass and table top for airflow.