Order today and get by 01/29-03/11 (ETA lead time) ?
The Yorktown Amish Leg Table show off slim slender lines. Perfect for kitchens for looking for a large kitchen table but one that doesn’t over empower the room with its size.
Create Your Own
You have choices. Customize now.
You may also like…
The Yorktown Amish Leg Table show off slim slender lines. Perfect for kitchens looking for a large kitchen table but one that doesn’t over empower the room with its size.
Shown in 48″ x 66″ Brown Maple with Michael’s Cherry stain, standard Square Corner and standard Mission edge. The skirt and legs are black-rubbed through. Please contact us for this finish.
- 1″ thick top
- 42″ wide stores 1 leaf with and 1 without skirt
- 48″ wide stores 2 leaves with and 2 without skirts
- 5th leg added with 3rd leg
- 36″h and 42″h available up to 2-12″ leaves
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Opening Leg Tables
Legged tables are made with wooden slides making it a two-man job (one person each end pulling). Wood slides are designed to take the weight in the center of the table when opened. Gear slides are designed to take weight on the ends of the table when opened. Therefore the manufacturers do not recommend the gear slide for leg tables.
Self Storing Leaves
Here is a compiled list of table styles, shapes, and sizes showing just how many leaves can be self stored:
LEG TABLES WITH RECTANGLE TOPS
- 36″ x 42″, 42″ x 42″ and 42″ x 48″ cannot store any leaves
- Leg tables operate very similar to trestle tables on larger sizes.
TRESTLE TABLES WITH RECTANGLE OR BOW END TOPS
- 42″ x 60″ stores up to 4 leaves, ALL unskirted
- 42″ x 66″ and 42″ x 72″ stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
- 48″ x 60″ stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
- 48″ x 66″ and 48″ x 72″ stores up to 4 leaves, ALL unskirted
TRESTLE TABLES WITH BOAT SHAPE TOPS
- 42″ x 60″–1, 2, 3 and 4 leaf tables can only self store 2 leaves BOTH without skirts
- 42″ x 66″ and 42″ x 72″–1, 2, 3 and 4 leaf tables can only self store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without. If a 2, 3, or 4 leaf table is ordered with self store, the last leaf will be unskirted.
- 48″ x 60″ stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirt, 2 without
- 48″ x 66″ and 48″ x 72″ stores up to 4 leaves, ALL unskirted
SQUARE ROUND TABLES
- ALL square round double pedestal tables can self store up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirt, 2 without.
- NOTE: SQUARE OR ROUND TABLES CANNOT SELF STORE ANY LEAVES!
DOUBLE PEDESTAL TABLES WITH OVAL AND BANQUET TOPS
- 42″ x 54″ stores up to 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 54″–48″w leaf does not fit inside of a 54” long oval top
- 42″ x 60″–1, 2 and 3 leaf oval tables store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 42″ x 60″–1, 2 and 3 leaf banquet tables store 2 skirted leaves
- 42″ x 60″–4 leaf table cannot store any leaves
- 42″ x 66″–1, 2 and 3 leaf tables store up to 3 leaves, 2 with skirts, 1 without
- 42″ x 66″–4 leaf table can store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt and 1 without.
- 42″ x 72″–1, 2 and 3 leaf tables store up to 3 leaves, 2 with skirts, 1 without
- 42″ x 72″–4 leaf table can only store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 60″–1, 2, and 3 leaf tables can only store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 60″–4 leaf table cannot store any leaves
- 48″ x 66″–1, 2, and 3 leaf tables store up to 3 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
- 48″x 6″6–4 leaf table can only store 2 leaves, 1 with skirt, 1 without
- 48″ x 72″ self stores up to 4 leaves, 2 with skirts, 2 without
Whether you’re seating 10 people or just 4, you’re going to want to make sure the table you pick out size wise makes sense. Just because a 48″ round can sit 6 people doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best when it comes to sitting 6 people at all times. Below are some example table sizes and our recommendations for each size.
Round & Square Tables
When it comes to square or round tables, typically a 42″ and 48″ will be able to sit the same amount of people just like a 54″ and 60″ can. We have seen some diagrams that show a 48″ can sit 6 people. This is highly situational. The only way something like that is possible if it a pedestal style table. When you sit 6 people at that kind of size, it is a very tight fit as well.
Oval & Rectangular Tables
On any style table, a 42″W x 60″L can sit 4 people comfortably and a 42″W x 66″L or 42″W x 72″L will seat 6 people. Leg tables will be more constrained when it comes adding chairs due to the fact you lose your corners on each end.
On a 42″W x 60″L leg table you will typically only be able to sit 4 people at the table (1 on each end). Depending on the size of the legs, it may be possible to put 6 people around the table but this is rare and still may not be comfortable for everyone sitting. To 6 people around a leg table the minimum size is a 42″W x 66″L but the recommended size is a 42″W x 72″L as it is the most comfortable giving everyone enough leg and elbow space between each other.
When it comes to 42″W x 60″L trestle tables, you will be able to sit 4 people comfortably. Depending on the trestle base, you will only be able to push 4 chairs in all the way. This is the same when it comes to 42″W x 66″L trestle tables. A 42″W x 72″L will be able to push 6 chairs in under the table.
Typically, most tables come in a 42″ wide standard. You are able to increase that to a 48″ wide. This doesn’t increase the amount of people you can sit at your table. This just creates some extra leg room for those on the corners. The one thing to keep in mind when you increase the width, it can make it more difficult passing dishes and condiments. Rather than simply passing the salt, you might have to toss the salt.
Questions & Answers (1)
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q What chairs can I select for a42x 66 x 36 inch high table oval/rectangle that seats 6? able ll be two-tone. Ebony on skirt and legs. Considering Yorktown Amish Leg Table. answer nowAnswered by the admin
You can select any of our Amish made kitchen/dining chairs. We like to recommend either the Alexander Chair or Yorktown Chair for the Yorktown Leg Table. On a 42"W x 66"L you will be able to fit up to 6 chairs at the table. You are able to two-tone the set. Under Speciality Finishes, select Two-Tone and then type how you would like your piece(s) two-toned.
You May Also Like
New Styles Added